Maldives a longtime favorite destination for honeymooners around the world is named ‘World’s Most Romantic Destination’ at the 2007 World Travel Awards 14th Annual Gala Ceremony held on the islands of Turks & Caicos, Caribbean, on December 12, 2007.
In addition Maldives won several awards in the Indian Ocean’s category:
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination – Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Dive Destination – Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Diving Resort – Angsana Resort & Spa Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Resort – Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Spa Resort – Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Tourist & Convention Bureau – Maldives Tourism Promotion Board
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Travel Agency – Inner Maldives Holidays
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Villa – Baros Residence, Baros Maldives
The global winners of the World Travel Awards for 2007 were announced at a star-studded ceremony on the island of Providenciales, from votes cast by 167,000 tourism professionals and agents who were asked to vote. Next year’s voting register is likely to be even greater, due to the unprecedented levels of interest and expectation.
Hailed as the ‘Oscars of the travel industry’, World Travel Awards have been attracting media attention from all corners of the globe.
One comment on “Maldives named “World’s Most Romantic Destination””
Australia Casino Vacation
I’ve had the pleasure of visiting Maldives on several occasions. My wife and I even spent an anniversary there, and I agree that it is one of the most romantic places in the world!